“If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.”
-- Ignacio Estrada

Friday, April 15, 2011

Twitter...tweet???

OK, I have ventured out into "twitter-land" tonight. I kept telling myself  "I'm not going to tweet, I'm not going to tweet, I'm not going to tweet.....". And yet, here I am tonight, confessing that I have finally set up a twitter account.

Over the past month or so, I have realized that the information available on the internet at our fingertips is amazing. I always knew it was great, but for me to post information about a website (http://techinspecialed.com/), the admin of the website to find that I made the reference in my blog, and him to email me.... all in less than 24 hours, just blows my mind. THEN, within 48 hours, Technology in Education had made reference to my blog on his facebook page! Talk about the speed of technology!

Anyway, I started to feel like I was missing out a little on the twitter thing, especially when people were getting iPad codes for free apps, classroom ideas, tech tips and other fun stuff.

So, Happy Friday! Happy Tweeting!

Melanie
AKA teachwtechbrox on twitter
and I also started a facebook page under my name: Melanie Broxterman
* I will use both accounts as ways to network with others about technology and educational issues




No comments:

Post a Comment